76% new American oak
24% 2-year-old American oak
1 bunch rapini or broccoli rabe, blanched for 2 minutes, shocked in ice water, drained & chopped into 1″ pieces
1 lemon, halved & zested
2 teaspoons chile flakes
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Salt to taste (use kosher or sea salt)
Olive oil as needed
12 oz whole milk ricotta
4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
8 to 12 oz roast pork (porchetta, pork tenderloin, shoulder or other)
- Drizzle the inside halves of the ciabatta rolls with olive oil and grill until toasted and golden brown alongside the halved lemons.
- Toss the rapini with the juice from one of the grilled lemon halves, lemon zest, chile flakes and parsley. Season with salt and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Spread 3 oz of ricotta on the bottom half of each roll and sprinkle with salt to season.
- Divide the rapini mixture between the four sandwiches, piling it on top of the ricotta.
- Layer the roast pork on top of the rapini, using as much or as little as you like.
- Place the tops of the rolls on the pork, slice in half, and enjoy!