92% Cabernet Sauvignon
1% Petit Verdot
100% new French Oak
for 20 months
4 each potato (or pain de mie) hamburger buns, sliced in half
1 1/3 lbs ground beef*, formed into 4 patties
4 slices (roughly 1/2 oz each) mild cheddar cheese
8 slices cooked bacon**
8 slices tomato (1/4″ thick)
4 to 8 leaves (cleaned & dried) lettuce, Bibb, Butter or Little Gem will all work
Kosher salt (or sea salt) to taste
Pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill and have all ingredients at hand.Place patties on the grill and season with salt and pepper. Rotate each patty 30 to 45 degrees after the first couple minutes if you’d like grill marks.
- Once you flip the patties, season with salt and pepper and place 2 pieces of bacon on top of each patty followed by a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Place the buns on the grill to toast, cut side down.
- Remove the buns from the grill, using condiments as you like, before assembling the burgers.
- First place a lettuce leaf or two on each bottom bun, then place the patties on top of the lettuce, finally top all patties with a couple slices of tomato and the top bun.
- Serve and enjoy!
* Ask your butcher to medium grind a fattier cut like brisket, chuck or short rib (we prefer brisket) for you. 20 to 30% fat is ideal.
** Cook bacon in the oven or on a griddle by first folding the individual pieces over into a V, or, two pieces into a W, so that the cooked bacon will fit easily onto the burgers.